Track the location of your assets in remote areas. Use as alternative to traditional GPS tracker that use cellphone signal to transmit.
Works great on Trucks, Trailers, Boats, Yachts, RV Motorhome, Camper, Containers, Generators, Machinery and any other important asset.
- Activation fee: $40.00
- One position report every 4 hours: $15.95 per month - Approx. 6 months of battery life.
- No contract.
- iPhone and Android App available.
- World Coverage. Check images for coverage map.
This Satellite GPS Tracker works where traditional GPS trackers do not because traditional trackers use cellphone signal to transmit and are not able to transmit when there is no cellular coverage. It transmits directly to satellites. Coverage will not be an issue with this unit.
Place or install this satellite tracking system on any vehicle traveling to a remote area, and you will always be able to view the unit’s location. This satellite tracking system allows you to keep an eye on your personal boat or yacht, even if you are a long distance away. These units also help you feel safer as you navigate, as friends or family can track you if you give them access to your tracking account.
Where to install
Install this GPS tracking device on trucks, trailers, boats, and other vehicle. Works best if it is installed on a roof or somewhere where there is an unobstructed view of the sky. Hidden installations are possible as well; for example, these units can be installed in the dashboard if there is only plastic and glass over the device. These units can also be installed under fiberglass on boats or yachts. If there is metal directly on top of the tracker, it will not be able to transmit.
Screwable mounting bracker and 3M VHB tape included for your convenience.
Please test the unit if the installation is hidden so you are sure the tracker will perform as it should.
The Optimus Satellite GPS tracker is powered by 4 AAA 1.5V none-rechargeable lithium batteries (included). The batteries may last about 6 months.
You may also opt to hardwire the tracker to a power source the optional “waterproof DC power cable”.
In the absence or interruption of external power, will automatically switch to battery back-up.
GB1-Global Coverage Satellite GPS Tracker - Battery Operated
- 2.7 x 3.25 x 1in (6.86 x 8.26 x 2.54cm) with brackets
- 3.6 oz (102g) with 4 batteries and mounting hardware
- -22 to 140°F (-30 to 60°C)
NOTE: The unit shall remain operational over the -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C) range, though may experience battery life and RF signal degradation.
- 5V DC or 8-22V DC with regulator cable
- 4 AAA 1.5V lithium (provides 1.5+ years of life)
- ANATEL Certification for Brazil (pending), FCC CFR Parts 15 and 25, Industry Canada, CE Mark (European Certification) and COFETEL (pending)
- SAE J1455 MIL STD 810, NEMA 4X/IP68, RoHS Compliant
- Global LEO Satellite operation using the Globalstar Simplex Data Network